Thursday 16 July 2015

Handmade Coasters!

I have lots of scrap fabric lying around my studio left over from other projects as I never like to throw any away, today I used these small monochrome graphic print fabric scraps to make some fun and practical coasters!
As the base of this fabric is white I thought it would be a sensible idea to make them wipe-able by using an iron on vinyl which I have enjoyed using before!
As these are going to be used as coasters I realised I would need to make them as flat as possible to avoid any tea spillages in the future! I therefore haven't used any wadding on these but have used a fusible interlining to just lift them very slightly.
These are a very quick and simple craft project for anyone to have a go at and is a great way of using up those left over fabrics!


No comments:

Post a Comment